The mines of Vulcano
The area shown as collapsed has been recut so that is possible, with care, to get through.
- Picture A. Phil walking the trackway between San Manuel and Vulcano.
- Picture B. The track continues along the steep ravine of the Barranco de los Lobos.
- Picture C. We disturbed some deer which fled surefootedly down the ravine.
- Picture D. Although we could not reach the tunnel leading to Vulcano due to the landslip, the entrance could be seen clearly.
- Picture E. A view from the bridge over the ravine towards the engine shed and hoppers of Vulcano.
- Picture F. The hoppers.
- Picture G. What I believe to be an engine inspection pit.
©Copyright Don Gaunt
Click here to go to the Faydon.com Home Page